Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP)
The QEP describes a carefully designed and defined 5-year course of action that addresses a well-defined topic or issue(s) related to enhancing student learning or student success. It is a required component for maintaining Western Piedmont 社区 College’s accreditation by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Schools and Colleges (SACSCOC).
WPCC’s Project for the 2023-2028 QEP
Our project focuses on improving our advising services for our students. It is entitled CONNECT for Success because we want to do a great job in connecting you to the people and the resources you need to complete your academic goals.
1. Reasons for this Topic Choice
– We have a Culture of Caring at WPCC. In other words, we strive to have a deliberate concern for and empowerment of all individuals.
– Student surveys revealed that some students were not getting the high quality advising we want them to have.
– Data showed that there were gaps in achievement for some of our student sub-populations.
– Research indicated that improving our advising services could help us eliminate these gaps.
2. Important Components of the Project
Here are some key parts of our project you need to know about!
Your Advising Team
In addition to your faculty advisor/mentor, every student now has a Success Coach who will support you, 鼓励你, and help you overcome barriers. If you’re in a transfer degree program, you’ll have a professional staff advisor who will advise and guide you as you complete your first 12 credit hours. When you need assistance or answers to your questions, reach out to them! They’re here for YOU!
水印 is an app that you can download on your smartphone or 访问在线. It identifies your Success Coach, 你的顾问, and your instructors and allows you to text or e-mail them quickly and easily. You can also look up information about your courses, such as attendance and grades,and schedule appointments with coaches and advisors. It’s a great tool for staying connected!
If you are a student in a transfer degree program, you will take the CliftonStrengths® Assessment in your ACA 122 course and learn how to turn your talents into superpowers that you can use to achieve your academic, 职业生涯, and life goals.
3. For More Information
博士联系. Ann Marie Radaskiewicz, QEP Director and Dean of Arts & 科学, email@example.com or (828) 448-3509.